Realtor Roof Inspections Simplify the Negotiation Process
Roof inspections when properly performed can save building owners a lot of time and money. Not every home inspector will have the knowledge, and qualifications to perform a comprehensive roof evaluation. The same holds true for a lot of roofing contractors. Your client may pay a steep price for hiring a home inspector who turned out to be inexperienced in this area. Whether you are representing the seller or buyer, there is a very real risk of the negotiation process going south due to this.
Let’s give you a scenario:
Unbeknownst to you, your client hires an unqualified roofer to perform a pre-listing roof evaluation. The contractor performs a quick walkthrough, noting minor damages that they encounter. They then inform your client that repairs can be made for $300.00 to fix a few shingles. At the end of the process, they declare that the home is ready to go on the market.
A prospective buyer shows interest in your client’s home and hires a qualified roof inspector to perform a detailed roof system analysis. The buyer then presents a photo-documented report that differs greatly from the opinion of the repair contractor. The buyer may simply walk away from the purchase if they feel that they are dealing with misleading information.
Roof inspections are best handled by a trained roofing consultant, not a salesperson. As a professional realtor, you want what is best for your client.
We work for you to ensure their best interests are taken care of. Let a trained and knowledgeable roof inspector conduct a detailed roof analysis. At Integrity Roofing Services the guesswork is eliminated. We offer you an accurate real-time inspection report with photographic evidence. Let us remove the blockade causing unnecessary delays by streamlining the negotiation process.
Roof Inspections for Realtors in St. Charles, Missouri
Our roof inspections include the following:
- Walkthrough of your home if required to examine walls and ceilings for water damage
- Walk the perimeter of the property, noting hail or other damages to the gutters, downspouts or siding
- Examine the home’s attic space for intake ventilation, decking damages, water stains, and signs of mold and mildew
- Climb up onto the roof to complete a thorough roof system analysis
- Examine the condition of the gutters and look for buildup of debris, or downspout blockage that may lead to drainage problems causing basement leaks
What Do We Look for When We Perform Roof Inspections?
Our professional roof inspectors document these deficiencies:
- Blistered, curled, or split shingles
- Nail punctures and low or exposed nails
- Loose, missing, and torn shingles
- Hail and or wind damages to shingles or other membranes
- The condition of the exhaust ventilation system or lack thereof
- Gas vent pipes, collars, and rain caps and plumbing vent flashings
- Roof decking deterioration
- Loose, missing, or rusted metal flashing
- Manufacturers defects and installation errors
The Advantages You Will Receive If You Hire a Professional Roof Inspector
By bringing Integrity Roofing Services onboard, the true roof system conditions are documented. With this information real repair and or replacement budget costs can be validated. As well an estimated useful service life can be established.
You need an expert to diagnose wind, hail, and water damage as well as product deficiencies, and workmanship issues. If you require a trusted contractor to make the necessary repairs, we can connect you to one. We provide professional contractor sourcing to assist you with all your repair and replacement requirements.